What is the Role of the Title IX Coordinator?
The Title IX Coordinator is the individual designated by the University to coordinate the University’s compliance with Title IX, including overseeing all sex discrimination complaints and identifying and addressing any patterns or systematic problems that arise during the review of such complaints. The Title IX Coordinator is also responsible for:
- determining whether the complaint allegations are prohibited sexual misconduct, sexual assault, sexual violence, or stalking;
- appointing an IOA investigator to conduct a formal investigation;
- ensuring reports and complaints are handled properly in a prompt and timely manner;
- informing students, employees, and witnesses of their rights during a formal investigation and what campus and community support resources are available to them;
- confirming that all parties have been notified of the IOA’s conclusion and the right to, and procedures for, an appeal, if applicable;
- maintaining information and documentation related to the investigation in a secure manner, consistent with the University's obligations to disclose information as required by law.