STEP 2 - Contact an Advocate

Those who have experienced sexual misonduct and/or sexual violence can benefit from the assistance of a trained advocate who can assist them in the aftermath of the incident.  The following are entities that specialize in providing free-of-charge confidential services:

University of Kansas & Lawrence

University of Kansas CARE Coordinator

The Sexual Tauma and Abuse CARE Center (24/7)

Willow Domestic Violence Center (24/7)

University of Kansas Edwards Campus & Overland Park/Johnson County

Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault (MOCSA):

24-Hour Crisis Line in Kansas

24-Hour Crisis Line in Missouri

Contact IOA

Lawrence/Edwards Campus
1082 Dole Human Development Center
1000 Sunnyside Avenue
Lawrence, KS 66045
785-864-6667 FAX
711 TTY

One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times
KU Today