STEP 4 - File a Criminal Complaint

The IOA complaint investigation process is independent of any other complaint resolution process.  You have the right to file a criminal complaint with the appropriate law enforcement authorities.  You may pursue these options in addition to or instead of filing a complaint with the IOA.  The IOA can assist you in making a report to law enforcement.

University of Kansas & Lawrence

University of Kansas Public Safety Office (24/7)
785-864-5900 or 911

Lawrence Police Department (24/7)
785-832-7509 or 911

Douglas County Sheriff's Department (24/7)
785-841-0007 or 911

University of Kansas Edwards Campus & Overland Park/Johnson County

Overland Park Police Department (24/7)
913-895-6300 or 911

Johnson County Sheriff's Office (24/7)
913-782-0720 or 911

Contact IOA

Lawrence/Edwards Campus
1082 Dole Human Development Center
1000 Sunnyside Avenue
Lawrence, KS 66045
785-864-6667 FAX
711 TTY

One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times
KU Today